Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Big Dolores

Have you ever seen the movie "Hope Floats." It is a chick flick with Sandra Bullock, and it teaches a valuable lesson about learning to love again. Well there is a part where her daughter Bernice is trying to fit in at a new school. She instantly gets picked on by the biggest (in more ways that one) bully at the school.

In one scene she accidentally hits the girl (Big Dolores) with a volleyball. This action gets her the beating of a lifetime. Big Dolores even has a gang, it's called Big Dolores. Our volleyball team has been using this as an inside joke for the last couple of weeks. A recent opponent, with the same fiery red hair as Dolores, was rather relentless. Their team came from the "A" bracket to play with us. Needless to say they were difficult competition. She put the pounding on us, quite literally. I managed to block her twice, and had the bruises to show for it. I am glad to report that she was unable to block me! Ha!

Due to my recent play (pure awesomeness) I have been promoted to my team's Big Dolores. My aunt Lydia, a member of the team, said that she wanted to be the gang member that held onto my lunch box while I beat up on the other kids. (yes this blog is just me bragging about myself...you can stop reading if you want) With only two games left our record is 5-5. Due to my scouting of the other teams I have good reason to believe that we should win them both. Hopefully I won't be giving a bad report after tonight. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment