Monday, October 13, 2008

The Scoop!

(no, i am not talking georgia mud fudge or recess peanut butter cup.....i only wish)

I have been away for a while. I do of course realize this. I am typing this particular blog in a strange little corner of the front sitting room in my new house! It has to be mentioned that we threw out our old computer desk that I absolutely hated! It may have been an unwise decision, however, as we do not currently have a replacement. So, yes, I am laying on my stomach on the floor. Ah, the sacrifices that must be made!

We have been very busy lately. Unpacking, moving furniture, all the tedious things that make moving unpleasant. I have also gotten busy decorating the front of the house for halloween/the fall season. I am so excited. (pictures to follow i am sure)

I must admit that I was a little afraid the first night we moved in. I am not a big believer of ghosts and the supernatural, but it only takes once right! Ryenn and I were here alone (as i sent john off on some random errand) and one of her toys starts to sound all on its own! This is like 11:00 pm, on the verge of the witching hour, so of course I was freaked! I called John and forced him to talk to talk to me until he arrived back at home. I have since rationalized my fears and hope to sound less like a whiny four year old.

Cyrus at the Fair

We have also been to the Graham County Fair. It is seriously hard to describe the lameness (i don't care if that isn't a word) of the fair as an adult. Did we really head to the fair in a frenzied rush to be there as early as possible, and stay until they forced us out! (one year john was ready to brave a black widow bite to attend the fair...until the pain set in of course) What could we have possibly done for hours at a time. There are seriously only so many rides! It was also surprisingly cold!
Ryenn and her daddy checking out a prize winning pigeon

I guess it wasn't as bad as all that. Ryenn enjoyed the farm animals and the throng of people. My very child like brother, Bubba, enjoyed the magician. The rest of us were only excited by the chance at a yummy corn dog.

Me and Ryenn with a spotted piggy! Oink

Still, I am pleased to announce that we have found a home! My blogging experience should continue from this point on uninterrupted. (sorry mariah)

No comments:

Post a Comment