Monday, October 20, 2008

We've Created a Monster!


Ryenn denying every possible implication

Living in Tucson for as long as we did was really nice. We had a chance to be alone, and to learn about each other as a married couple. When we finally decided to have children it was a decision we made. (unforced) There were not members of the family pushing us to move onto that next step.

After Ryenn was born, we remained in Tucson until she was almost a year old. She hardly got to see her Nunley grandparents (they have a lot on their plates and aren't free to travel much), but Grandma Lisa made frequent trips to see us. Grandpa Frank was closer still, but our plans seldom worked out. (plus he is over six foot, with a long bushy mustache...slightly intimidating) Ryenn isn't as social as I would like her to be. She is very pleasant and friendly, but once John and I leave her alone with someone she isn't quite comfortable with...disaster!

I left her at our house with Aunt Mariah for about 20 minutes once. It ended with Ryenn crying the entire time. She cried so much that she vomited on Mariah. (i believe more than once) As far as I can tell Ryenn handles being left alone with my mother pretty well, and I suspect she would do well with my cousin Jac. I have never seen her attach herself to anyone the way she did with Jac.


Ryenn and Cousin Cyrus...getting along
SO..If you are not over the age of 7, you only have three options if you want to befriend my daughter.

1)
You must be uninterested in all of her toys. (the actual toys and the ones she pretends are toys) My niece Lorena and Ryenn fight constantly about toys. Lorena will stock pile them and refuse to let Ryenn play with them. These two girls are much too similar in personality for them to get along. It is very comical! Ryenn and Conner are a bit different. Conner will find something to play with, so of course, Ryenn wants it. Then Conner will find something else...and Ryenn wants it. I think it is sorta like a game for him. "What can I find to get that kid to play with so I can get the toy I actually want?"
2) You need to have more than your fair share of energy. Again in Conner's situation, once he breaks out of his little shell, he is a small man full of energy. He runs circles around my house. Once he is unoccupied by Ryenn's toys she loves him. Following him in his endless circles is one of her favorite pastimes.

3) You have to be totally devoted to her amusement. My niece Kaylee loves to be a little mommy. She will figure out what Ryenn wants to do, and spend all her energy fulfilling my little brats wishes.

Hopefully things will get better as we add to our family. If not....I may have to auction her off! (of course i am only kidding....the little beast has me wrapped around her finger too)
Ryenn and her daddy...sporting the Harry Potter look!

1 comment:

  1. lmao! i love the harry potter look on your daughter! she totally should have been him for halloween instead of a freakin bee! you know there are paybacks for that, don't ya? hahaha. yes, that was an evil laugh. ryenn taught it to me. :)

    ReplyDelete