Sunday, August 24, 2008

My Greatest Acheivements

I'm sure, like me, you have been glued to the t.v. screen watching the race of for gold! While the U.S. women played a terrific match of volleyball, I began to wonder about my life. The lives of the athletes puts mine into harsh perspective. They compete for their country, for their teammates, and for the love of whichever event they participate in.

My daily routine consists of endless hours of television, cleaning house, and occasionally participating in city league sporting events. As I began to feel a that small tug of regret, my little gymnast put on her show. While resting her hand on her play chair, she began to tilt her head toward the ceiling and point her toes backward. I was never able to get a great shot because every time I pulled out my camera Ryenn would stop her "routine." The sight of her performance put a smile on my face, and brought joy to my heart!

So while I will never race to Olympic history as Michael Phelps did, but I already have my greatest achievements. As cliche as it sounds, I have my wonderful husband and beautiful daughter. That is all that really matters.


1-3) Pictures of Ryenn doing her gymastic move 4) Ryenn and John playing together during a Sidewinder's Baseball game

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Michael Phelps...and Lachte. Gotta give my man a shout out, too! lol. Ryenn is so cute. Ya'll should vacay over here next summer, so i can take her swimming. :) oh yeah. and...i was busy, so leave my long break in blogging alone. maybe i'll post a new one today. haha

    ReplyDelete