Friday, August 22, 2008

Picture This: It's my life

For those of you that know me, and for those of you that don't...It is important to note that I enjoy living life drama free. I lead a very normal, fairly uncomplicated life. I consider myself very fortunate as I am able to be a stay at home mom. I do have prior training as a Medical Assistant, and I miss it from time to time. Still, having the opportunity to see every milestone in the development of my daughter is more important than my sanity. I rarely speak to an adult until after 5:30 pm, thus the blog....

So here is a bit about my life leading up to the present. I met the love of my life at the tender age of seven. Of course, as is the case in most love stories, I did not realize it until senior year of high school. His name was John Nunley. When I first told my mother that I was beginning to date him she replied, "Oh, you mean Abraham Lincoln from the second grade play?"

I was an average student, while John graduated in the top 10 and received an academic scholarship to UofA. We were both very accomplished athletes. John was a State Champion Wrestler (189lbs.), and myself in softball. I even attempted to play at the junior college level at Eastern Arizona College. My career was sadly ended with a broken hand, a surgery to correct it, and multiple months in a cast.

We were married on March 12, 2005 at New Life City Church in Safford, AZ. We had a very large wedding party (11 couples), and a guest list to rival most. It was an amazing day. We then spent out honeymoon at Lake Tahoe. Amazingly enough we didn't do much. It was snowing, and I very ignorantly did not pack winter clothing! I was saved due to John's very practical planning (he packed two coats).

So we lived our lives in Tucson, AZ very happily for two years. After which I decided that we should begin our family. I was combating a "stomach flu" in early January 2007 when we learned I was pregnant with our first child! She was born on September 12, 2007. Ryenn was a small baby at 5 lbs. 1 oz., but was surprisingly without any complications. She has a vibrant personality and a delightful smile.


1) Picture of Ryenn just two weeks after bringing her home 2) Ryenn after a bath about two months old 3) Ryenn at 11 months
So for now, I will end my debut into the world of blogging.... I am looking forward to journey!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute blog. Mine is puregoold.blogspot.com Maybe we'll see you soon if I get back to see Grandma this fall.
    Taffy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so much better with words than I am. I totally forgot that from back in high school. Can I just summarize what I want to say for you, and then you totally spice it up with fancy vocabulary and what not? hehe.

    ReplyDelete