Friday, November 11, 2011

When it rains

I really don't know what has gotten into our belongings!?!? I have even started questioning the existence of an electronic breaking, super angsty, punk-rock loving, purple-haired fairy dressed in static crashing about our house destroying everything in her wake.

The backlight in our computer monitor has burnt out. It sits mockingly working, but not revealing it's secrets.....unless you turn out all the lights and hold a flashlight to it. So, a few of the blogs I had planned will just have to wait until we replace it. At least I finally found an app for my phone :-).

We also had an incident at our home today. The bedrooms in the house all have sliding glass mirrors. We have had some small problems keeping them on the tracks, but we are all really good at using the doors safely. Ryenn has even learned to be cautious while around them. Today, our niece was visiting, and for some reason she is drawn to the mirrors like me to brownies. After the umpteenth time of telling her to be careful, I hear a loud crash.

Now these mirrors have fallen on several occasions, but there has never been any real damage. I was not so lucky today. Imagine tiny, sparkling glass shards littering the floor and furniture of a child's room. On chairs, the bed, and on toys. I don't think she is going to be able to play in there for days!

No comments:

Post a Comment