Monday, January 23, 2012

Another One Bites the Dust

I am sure that you remember the angsty fairy that has been demolishing our electronics at a whim? Well, she has struck again. It was some time ago that our vacuum cleaner started emitting a horrible sound. This had been going on for sometime before I mentioned the problem to John.

Being the engineer that he is, he ordered replacement belts. He took apart the vacuum, changed the belts, and discovered that the rolling brushes were broken. So he decided that we might be able to use it without them. After a few attempts a new strange sound began.....then the smell....then the SMOKE!!!! Yes, smoke. I was so scared that the vacuum was going to explode on me!

John began researching various vacuums online (also due to the inner engineer), and we went down to Walmart and bought one. It is the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro. Ryenn was disappointed because the display model was purple, but when we pulled it out of the box it was white. John put it together, and then proceeded to hog it! I am not sure it I have ever seen him vacuum so much! I finally got to use it today, since he is working, and I have to say I am very impressed. It is small, light, easy to maneuver, and really powerful. It even comes with a hardwood floor attachment. (shown above). Seriously worth the money, and hopefully destructive fairy proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment