Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I'm a Big Girl Now!


















On January 10th something amazing happened!!! I bet that you would not suspect the awesome person that is me to be afraid of traveling unaccompanied, but it is true. I had never before made a long trip on my own. This was a special occasion, however, as I flew to Mississippi to visit Robert, Mariah, and their precious baby Natalie Addison.










The flight from Sky Harbor ended in New Orleans, where Mariah and her precious bundle met me. I instantly feel in love with her! As soon as we walked out of the airport, I knew I was not at home! The humidity, even in the winter time is ridiculous! I felt sweaty, clammy, and cold all at once. I can say I don't miss that at all. However, they had beautiful trees. The magnolias were my favorite! I wonder if they can grow here?



While there we spent a good amount of time avoiding the very dangerous wildlife. How do you do that you ask? You simply stay indoors and watch "How I Met Your Mother" and "Bones" in marathon style via Netflix. By the end of my trip we made it to season 2 in both shows. (i guess i might have to petition hubs to get our subscription to Netflix back)  We also played a lot of Monopoly Deal.  I promise I will buy it, and attempt to get my killer instinct back.

The first full day of my visit we made a trip to the outlet mall. There I bought a few things for myself, but mostly for the girls. The Disney Store is a terrible place for a mother with small children to venture. You can spend way to much money and so quickly! Ry loves her Cinderella light-up, high heeled, jellie shoes.


Mariah took me to the Bayou Country General Store. The front of the store contained merchandise in a very gift shop feel. The back was reserved for the restaurant. I ate a very delicious Chicken Po Boy and a Sweet Corn and Crab Bisque. Then I bought a few things for the family. I also met the incredible 1 gallon jug of Tabasco sauce. I bought the girls some super cute water bottle holders. They have adorable little animals, and a shoulder strap. Unfortunately, Leah's broke within the first hour of my being home. I guess they are more cheaply made than I thought!





We tried to attend a Pampered Chef party at one of Mariah's friend's home. Natalie, however, had different plans for us. She cried so much that we had to leave. We didn't even get to eat!

On my last night in town Mariah took me to Chili's so we could watch the Denver Broncos get smeared across the field by the Patriots. It was a long night, but it was still a nice time.

My return trip was awful! When I got to the airport, the baggage conveyer was jammed. It took an hour to fix. I got a little lost leaving the airport, but I made it home safely. Thank you to the Cases for a wonderful time.

1 comment:

  1. Aww...yours sounds way better than mine. I'm not very good at words. Especially when I try to still watch TV as I type them. Hahaha. Oops.

    ReplyDelete