Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving....and lots more

It's been a while. Yes, I know. I will get to the reason for my absence eventually, but first....

Cyrus and Ryenn looking adorable

Thanksgiving Day was fun. We had a lot of food, family and friends. Who could ask for more. John and I held a Thanksgiving Lunch here. Our good friend, Bob, decided that he should teach John how to deep fry the turkey. After all the instructions were given, John was turned loose. I am very pleased that he didn't blow himself up. It resulted in two burnt fingers, and a delicious turkey. Bob and Mariah had a change of plans, and they attended our T-day feast. The rest of my family came, too.

1) Ryenn and Tio Pancho 2) Sunny, Gaspar, and Cyrus 3) Pancho, Me, and Gaspar

My mother, daughter, and I went to visit my grandmother. (i let john off the hook because the dallas cowboys were playing) We missed the hullabaloo at her house. We only stayed for a little over an hour. My grandmother and one aunt were still left cleaning up after what I can only assume was a circus.

John and I went to his family's home for dinner. We had a great time there as well. (and ate more than we should have) The family watched the second half of the cowboys game, thanks to the miracle of DVR. Then I played my first ever game of Clue (thanks brigette). It was funny, but very hard to pay attention to due to all the comings and goings of the children.
1) Me and my handsome hubby John 2) Mariah, Ryenn (sort-of), and Me 3) Ryenn and Bob
Black Thursday came and John, Bob, and Mariah braved the crowds of Wal-Mart. John returned with an X-box 360. The package came with a few games including Guitar Hero and the guitar controller. Needless to say, we have been playing a lot of this in our spare time. I have also gotten quite hooked on a cute game called Harvest Moon: It's a good life. In this game your character inherits a farm. Yes, the entire game is farming, taking care of animals, finding a wife, and other side games. Lame, I know! Rather time consuming. I am also reading books recommended to me by Brigette.

John and Ry

Since then we have also lost our dogs. I am really sad. I hope they come back. We have been in touch with Animal Control, and we have made a lost dog poster.

1 comment:

  1. Wait...hold up! you lost both of your dogs or just one? how did they get out?? i'm sorry steph. I hope you find avery...and ashe, too, i guess. ;)

    ReplyDelete