Monday, November 24, 2008

A Gamer is Born

Ryenn at 6 months eating a wireless controller

John and I really enjoy playing video games. We play different types, but our favorite games are RPG's, or role-playing games. (not those kind mariah, get your mind out of the gutter ;0) We have played games that end up taking over 140 hours of total play time. These games have side missions along with the actual game progression.

I have jokingly taken pictures of Ryenn while she held a controller. Even before she was crawling. I say that she will inherit the gaming gene like her daddy and her uncle Travis. (a very skilled gamer currently on a mission for the lds church in argentina)

Ryenn at 6 months "Just a few more minutes mom, I've almost beat the game!"

Lately she has taken quite a liking to button mashing, and holding the controller while the t.v. is on. It doesn't even matter that it isn't a real video game. If John and I are playing she insists on taking a turn. If we hand her a decoy control, she actually notices if it is inactive (the light on the pad isn't on).

Unfortunately she has picked up on a few of my gaming habits. If I am frustrated with a level or boss that is seemingly unbeatable....I may.....on occasion...throw my controller down in a fit of rage. (it is a rather childish action I know, but totally necessary, believe me)
Ry can't believe that she pulled that off!!
While Ry was sitting in the gaming chair, holding the controller, she starting to act out. She was mumbling her little baby talk, in a rather raised voice. She suddenly started shaking her arms, and the controller. The fit ended with her throwing the controller and pacing about the way that I do! Ooops! I guess I have to start paying attention to my behavior. I knew that was going to happen, I just didn't figure it would be so soon!
Ry getting ready to throw it....watch out below!

No comments:

Post a Comment