Monday, February 9, 2009

American Idol Night

I don't really watch much reality television. I would even go so far as to say that I really dislike it. The only show that I watch on a regular basis is Jon & Kate Plus Eight. I am really fascinated how they go about their lives with eight small children. All of the planning that goes into their daily living is amazing. I have to say that I am nowhere near as efficient a parent. Ryenn doesn't have planned nap times or bed times. I wish I had started that sort of thing at an early age. Oh, well enough on this tangent.

We have recently joined a group of friends that get together every week to watch American Idol. I have not previously been a fan of the show, and I still will admit to not enjoying it. Why do I do it you ask?? We take turns hosting the event, and of course the hostess/host provides dinner for the night. So far we have had a lot of fun eating, talking, and making jokes at the expense of all of the contestants. (even the ones that we like have not been spared)

Ry washing her hands in her play sink

This week is my turn to play AI Hostess. I have been very busy preparing Ryenn's room for the children that will arrive to play while the adults are glued to the t.v. Until recently it has been filled with boxes from our move. (yes we are slow at un-packing) So this is what Ry's room looks like now. I am so glad that she finally has a place to go and destroy rather than the rest of the house! I may not like AI, but at least it did help me to get off my lazy bum and clean her room.

1 comment:

  1. I've decided that I LOVE the curtains! Where did you get those from? Please tell me you made them, so I can con you into making me lots of those someday! :)

    ReplyDelete