Sunday, February 8, 2009

Who Knew??

So, I have been awake since around 5:00 am. I really dislike nights like this. Ry has been a pretty cranky sleeper as of late. I can't decide if it is because she is getting a few more teeth, or if she is just a brat. She still prefers to sleep on my face. (which is less than preferable to me) I don't really understand how that can be comfortable.

I have been surfing the web, updating my Shelfari account, searching for new music on Napster. I would really just like to go back to bed. I don't know what could be worse than knowing that you will not have the energy to keep up with the little one. I guess I am just lucky that it is a weekend. (john can chase her around) I might also start to read the latest edition to my library "Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell" by Susanna Clarke. I hope that it will prove to be an interesting read. I haven't read a book that wasn't suggested to me by a friend in a long time. (i'll let you know what i decide)

Music is an awesome distraction. I have found that I really enjoy listening to Grace Potter and the Nocturnals and Beth Orton. They both have wonderful voices and lyrics.

Well enough rambling on my part. Good morning! (oh yeah...i supplied you with the grey's character quiz...mariah....don't hate me)

2 comments:

  1. Big deal! I'm always up at 5am. lol. I'm just kidding. That does really suck. I won't even get started talking about my sleep this week. Ugh! why would i hate you for this quiz? Oh! and, how funny that that was a different kaylee, cause i was staring at it for the longest time, thinking "Man! I really didn't think that was what she would grow up to look like???" Aye ya yi. I'm such a nerd!
    P.S. Loved the voice text with Ryenn saying MMMBop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just passing through but thought I'd say that Johnathon Strange and Mr Norrel is quite good, I read it last year.

    I will warn you though that about page 100, when she writes of Mr Norrel and his background, it gets a bit tedious (my husband gave up at this point) but persevere because after you get to Strange's background it is all good from there right to the end.

    ReplyDelete