Thursday, February 12, 2009

One Crazy Wednesday

I know that you are excited to hear about AI Night. So, here is how my Wednesday went:


I received a call asking if I could watch Cyrus (one of my beautiful nephews). I said that I would, and he arrived at 10:00 am. If you can imagine a person can't get much done while watching a 17 month old and a soon to be 10 month old. Especially if one of them is Ryenn. She didn't want Cyrus playing with particular toys. It was really funny to see what she deemed him unworthy to play with. If he happened to get a hold of one of her precious toys she would try to get it back. He would retaliate by biting her hand. (she cried a little, but it didn't stop her from continuing her quest to get her toy) After a while she was just putting her hand in his mouth. I thought it was a strange thing to do....as would most people I am sure...but that did not deter her much. After a time I was able to get them both to sleep, but it didn't last long. Grandma Lisa was nice enough to spend a few hours with us to help me keep my sanity. Cyrus was on his way home by 6:00.

I finished preparing the food. (which was absolutely delicious) My tiny front room was filled with five couples and a mother and daughter. The younger children, my rugrat included, were running back and forth through Ry's room, the living room, kitchen, and hallway to our bedroom. They were "watching" at movie but in reality they were being as loud and messy as they could be. Kale brought huge R/C Trucks for his boys to play with. It wasn't long before the kids had them rolling from the top of the couch to the floor. I am pretty sure that they didn't make it home unscathed. At one point the kids had Ry's little plastic tricycle on the couch and were continually falling off of it on to the floor. (which was the reason they keep getting hurt) Children are a serious example of Mob mentality. I am glad that it isn't my turn to host for at least another 6 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Ryenn's hair is getting so long. It's adorable and all wavy! AI night sounds pretty crazy. Are you liking the show any better yet?

    ReplyDelete