Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend


1) Ry showing off her muscles. 2) Us

This Mother's Day weekend was very busy for the Nunley family. John and his friends spent Friday night on Mt. Graham to celebrate Bob's graduation. He is graduating with a Mechanical Engineering Degree from U of A! He is also finally moving to Texas with his lovely wife Mariah.

1) Future star! 2) Grandma and Ry getting a drink of water

I, meanwhile, dropped Ry off at Grandma Ida's house so I could play in the 3rd Annual Gordo Borjon Memorial Softball Tournament. It was awesome! There were nine teams involved, and it was a round robin tournament. That meant a lot of softball! Friday night we played two games and won them both.

1) Ry and Tio Pancho taking a break 2) Some of the team, scouting the competition

Saturday had us playing at 9:30 am. (not bad considering we could have been playing at 7!) It was a very hot 103 degrees! We finished the tournament with a 7-1 record, and took 1st place! That's right! We are the Champions!

1) Gaspar, Me, and Ry waiting for the next game 2) The champions: Matt, Geoff, Pancho, Gaspar, Justin, Me, Jordan, Syanna, Lauren, Kayla. (a few members not pictured: Mario, A.J., and Janessa)

Mother's day was spent hanging out in the E.R. I over-ran first base and hit the very edge of the back of it with my heel. It instantly went numb, then after about twenty minutes all I could feel was terrible pain. I would have sworn it was broken, but it wasn't. It was decided that I messed up the tendons in my foot. I am now using crutches for three days. (wish me luck...i don't think that ry will be so accommodating)

2 comments:

  1. oh no! you have such horrible luck with sports! your back, your thumb, your foot? umm..i'm just noticing all the lil pics or ryenn in the corner of your blog. I love them! the backyard usually looks good as long as bob is here to mow it, but since he hadn't been here since march (i'm pretty sure he didn't mow it that week either now that i think about it...), it was getting scary. i'm surprised we didn't show you back there when you were here. for sure this time we will hang out back there some, cause my parents were talking about getting us patio furniture. yea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! by the way. i'm so forgetful sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete