Monday, May 25, 2009

Perhaps? A Baker??


Front view

Having a hobby is essential in the life of a stay at home mom. (and no, cleaning does not count) I tried to teach myself to knit. I made it to lesson 16...and was so bored that I quit. It also made it difficult that everything I started Ry decided it would be a good idea to unravel.

Soon after that I decided that I would try to be a gardener. Hahaha! I planted some flowers in the back yard and Avery quickly saw to their quick demise. The two that were planted in the front yard were killed by me. Not enough watering, then too much. I guess I don't have a green thumb.


View from the top

I decided to try my hand at baking. (stop laughing mariah!) This weekend we celebrated Ida's birthday. I remembered that she liked carrot cake, and as it was my job to bring a birthday cake...you get the idea. I found a recipe online for Citrus Carrot Cake. It did not look overly complicated, so I went shopping and began on my experiment. (knowing full well that i might have to make a second trip to get the emergency store bought cake) After all was said and done it turned out quite good. I did run into a bit of a snag when the recipe called for a 90 minute baking time, and I only had about an hour. We used two small pans and it baking in about 45!!

Side view

I also made a terrific looking diaper cake for an upcoming baby shower. While I realize that the diaper cake hardly qualifies, I may have discovered a love for baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment