Tuesday, September 16, 2008

All School Reunion

As of May 2008 John and I have been out of high school for 5 years! The idea, of course, makes me feel old! Coupled with the fact that I have a one year old child, and have already begun planning for baby number two makes me feel even more so!

In October Safford High School is having an All Bulldog Reunion. This is a gathering for all alumni. There is going to be a pep-assembly, a dance, a parade down main street, and of course the homecoming football game.

The pep-assembly sounds slightly interesting, the dance....less so, and who doesn't love a great football game. The problem......SHS football is not normally very competitive. If I remember correctly senior year John's team only won two games. I enjoy watching the NFL, but they provide the first down marker across the field (via the yellow line). The cameras also follow the ball for you. I wasn't ever very good at watching live football!

I imagine that these activities should be entertaining, but I am also quite sure that John and I do not have a choice in the matter of going and not going. The spirited, energetic, and party loving Rhonda Sears has already made us promise that we will attend. (gotta love the mother's of friends) She really is terrific, and has promised us that we will enjoy ourselves. She has even begun to plan an alternative activity, by way of BBQ, at her place instead of the dance.

I hope that more of our class-mates will attend. If not then we will just have to suffer through two days of being back in Bulldog Country.

No comments:

Post a Comment