Friday, September 19, 2008

Birthdays....not all fun and games

Yesterday was a very long day. My mother and I went to Tucson for Ryenn's 1 year check up. We left Safford at about 11am or so. Of course I forgot to re-install Ryenn's travel DVD player, so the whole way she was very upset. She finally fell asleep when we were around Benson. And for those of you that know....it is more than half way!!!!

Being a small town girl again, you can't go to the big city without doing a bit of shopping. I bought a few things at the Sally Beauty Supply store (shampoo for my seriously oily hair....uggh!). We also made a trip to Michael's where I made a contribution to Martha Stewart (like she really needs it)!

At Ryenn's appointment the doctor told us what we already knew. (our daughter is very exceptional) And we also got the good news that we can put her in a forward facing car seat!!! This is going to relieve a lot of stress for us. Our daughter is rather notorious for disliking the car with great intensity. I hope that with a change of scenery she will learn to, at the very least, tolerate car rides.

She can start the transition to whole milk, too! This makes me very excited. For those of you that are not aware, cans of formula are very expensive. One can can cost up to $25. It was a huge shock to us since I breast fed for 8 months.

Having a birthday does not always mean fun and games. With the end of each appointment she gets the dreaded immunizations. She got four in all. The controversial MMR, Chicken Pox, Flu, and Prevnar. Ryenn usually recovers pretty well from the shots, and hasn't had complications before. (hopefully the trend continues)

My poor mom, who has never been in the car with Ryenn without the DVD player, was worried that Ryenn had a reaction to the shots. My daughter cried from Tucson all the way to Jensen Hill!!! That is roughly two hours of crying. As soon as we got home and set her free she was happy go lucky Ryenn again. I don't think my mom will ever forget this trip. She made herself sick with worry. I guess I didn't understand....I know my daughter is a terror in the car!!

No comments:

Post a Comment