Friday, September 26, 2008

Not to be underestimated!

I am lazy. I am not ashamed of it. I do, however, generally keep a pretty clean house. I don't have a problem with the dishes. (thank goodness as our temp. apartment does not have a dishwasher) On a good day I might even wash them twice. (we run out of bottles quickly) Mopping the floor is a little less easy, but I still manage to do it at least twice a week.

There are two things in this big, wonderful world that send shivers up my spine. (or i would shiver...if i wasn't so lazy) I can not for the life of me understand why, but hearing the words "sort the laundry" and "shower" cause the same reaction every time. I am sent into this comatose like state. My arms and legs become like lead, and my brain gets all fuzzy. Clearly I underestimate the lazy. To me it has really become almost a debilitating disease.

I don't want to mis-lead you. I do shower. (regularly in fact) I am not a grease monkey by any stretch of the imagination. Still, when I start to think about all the steps involved with showering.....I start to whine like a five year old. "I don't want to shower. Do you know how hard it is!" First, you have to gather all the necessary clothing items. Then, you actually have to run the water. Followed by all the shampooing, conditioning and washing. And lastly, the shaving of the legs. This is my least favorite of all, but I almost have a phobia of pokie legs! I can not handle if my sandpaper like legs rub against each other in the middle of the night! So after 30-40 minutes of complaining (about a task that won't take more than 20) I shower. This process occurs just about every night! It is a miracle that John hasn't yet clubbed me and thrown me in. (bless him)

As for the laundry. I have absolutely no problem washing. In fact, it is one of the easiest jobs that are possible. It is common knowledge that the sooner the items are hung or put away the less wrinkly they are. This fact (according to me) is absolute rubbish! I would rather clean the toilet than sort laundry and hang it! I dislike folding. Especially all the tiny onsies that Ryenn wears. I hate finding matches for socks! During this last week My dear sweet husband has been living out of the laundry basket that I have not sorted through. Excitingly enough I have to do laundry again today. (adding to the pile of clean clothes)

Maybe I need to see a therapist, but for now griping in a blog will have to do!

3 comments:

  1. you goofy girl. i have no problem folding the laundry, but i basically never put it away afterwards or hang up anything. oh! and bob will be staying with sonya and brian next again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we, my friend, are very much alike. as soon as i got pregnant i HATED showering. just taking a bath wasn't so bad but just thinking about being that hot with little fresh air, not to mention all the steps that you referred to, made me want to go to bed early so i wouldn't have to shower. my husband still makes fun of me for it. i must say in my defense that i do shower once a day now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph,
    I recently volunteered to watch a friends baby twice a week if she would do my laundry. Once a week she picks it up, folds or puts it on hangers, and sends it back to me in a basket for each person. I love it. And right now each basket is sitting in the bedrooms full of clean clothes. It's almost like a dresser right?

    ReplyDelete