Sunday, September 28, 2008

Tiny Athletes

I believe that I had mentioned my agreement to impersonate an officiator of junior high volleyball. So....I bet you have been holding your breath just hoping for an update. No, well one could only hope!

These girls are absolutely precious! I never played volleyball at the junior high level, and I have no basis for comparison. We are calling the home games for Solomon schools and these girls are just tiny. They are much smaller than most girls, and a lot less competitive. (as those of you who are familiar with the area are aware)


Despite all this, you still find yourself rooting (quietly of course) for these tiny athletes. They try so hard and very rarely get three hits on the ball or do any spiking. Still it is inspiring to see them play the game. Their opponents generally have position rotating, attempt to "bump, set, spike," and have the game time cheers. (just like a miniature high school team)

October 3rd is their last home game of the season. I really hope they win. So far the Solomon Cougars have yet to add a victory to their record. It has been a fun experience, but I don't think I will do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment