Monday, September 22, 2008

I know...I know

I realize that sometime soon I will have to get off the subject of Ryenn's birthday party, and I promise that it will be in the very near future.
First of all I want to say a great big "THANKS" to all of those who participated, gave a gift, or just listened to my insane rambling about details and fears about this party being perfect! (i did a lot of rambling)
There is a gift of note amongst the gifts we received. My Tia Stella made Ryenn the cutest robe out of a towel. It is absolutely perfect. It is purple, soft, and looks adorable on my Squish. (ryenn's nick name since week one, after a particularly gross sounding b.m.)

1) Ryenn being adorable 2) Ryenn a little less so

This really means a lot. Hand-made gifts are much more desirable and unique. It is so wonderful to know that someone loves you so much that they are willing to spend the extra time and effort to create something just for you. Plus my aunt really has a great deal of difficulty with her hands. This gift will be treasured, and stored for Ryenn to have when she is grown.

(it is sort of a wonder that i haven't done a post on my family...they mean so much...well...soon)

On a different note, I don't really think that I have the best personality for a stay at home mom. (except for the fact that I enjoy sleeping when she does) I don't like being in one place for too long and I get bored very easily. I have heard that if that is the case, you must be a boring person. I guess I might be. (okay, who am i kidding) I have begun to take steps to improve myself. I have decided to become more creative.

I started by making all of the invitations to Ryenn's party. (i promise this is the last time i bring the party up) That went well and only took about four hours one night while Ryenn was sleeping. I ended up having a lot of fun. So I decided that I would also make the thank you cards. I bought a few more supplies to punch them up a bit and went to work. So, two days and a huge headache later, I had 16 beautiful thank you cards. (i'm sure i'll do it again next year)

Just a few of my favorites (in duplicate)

No comments:

Post a Comment