Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby!!


Ryenn and her balloon

The big day came and went!! Big sigh of relief, it went without major complications. Ryenn is a year old, as of Friday, September 12th! Her party was planned for the following day. Here is how the day took place:

John and I began food prep. (slicing vegetables for the hamburgers), while my mother made some delicious, but a bit too spicy, salsa. It burned my mouth but I couldn't stop eating it. She also made a more mild salsa (but it wasn't much different). I apologize to anyone who ate the mild one, but still ended up breathing fire!

1)Ryenn and Tio Gaspar 2) Ryenn with Grandma Lisa, and Grandma Veva

At 1:30pm John and I left the apartment to decorate the ramadas. Ryenn was asleep..best plan of action leave her and Grandma Lisa there! We met Pancho (my brother) and Lauren (his girlfriend) at the fairgrounds. We began to decorate, but couldn't get anything done because the wind was terrible!! (Thanks a lot Ike!) Our tape wasn't strong enough to hold anything down. Luckily enough Pancho was able to improvise and get the main decorations I wanted up.

Now for all the mishaps! My father-in-law Stan was sent to pick up the birthday cake. When he returned the cake said "Happy Birthday Sabrina" and was a Betty Boop theme! Hopefully whoever Sabrina was didn't mind that her cake was a little late! We forgot the clear plastic cups that I bought for the kiddie drinks. I had made kool-aid ice cubes for the sprite so that there would be a rainbow effect in the drinks! My mother-in-law Ida left to pick up cups! (thanks! the drinks were a hit!) We forgot to bring condiments...but our guests did without! (not too much complaining either!)

It reads "Happy 1st Birthday Ryenn"

Only three other kids (besides the pretending of Ryenn) wanted to hit the pinata! My nieces Lorena and Kaylee, and my nephew Conner didn't think that the pinata was "uncool." After about twenty or so MLB style whacks Kaylee couldn't completely break the pinata. So it was tipped over and was defeated. (thanks to Geoff for tipping, and cleaning up the mess afterwards!)


1) Ryenn -vs- the pinata 2) Lorena -vs- the pinata 3) Conner -vs- the pinata 4) Kaylee -vs- the pinata

Then, finally, Happy birthday was sung. At some point Ryenn realized that everyone was singing to her and she got very shy! It was adorable. We opened gifts, and then the party was over! It is hard to believe that a whole year has gone by. My baby is a year old. I only hope that I am able to teach her to be kind and respectful. Time really does fly!
1) Ryenn with Tia Amber 2) Ruenn decided she was pooped!

No comments:

Post a Comment