Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mi Familia

(no i don't speak spanish, but it seemed fitting)

When speaking about your family it is really hard to decide where to begin, how much to reveal, and what words will adequately describe mi familia in general. Of course no matter how is begins or what I say, you will have on word instantly pop into your head.....NUTS! (that is, in small part, the reason for my blog description!)
So to business. Like most people I have two parents. I have a wonderful mother, Lisa. She is my rock. We didn't have a lot growing up, but she never let me want for anything. (unless it was entirely unreasonable) She is the reason for my unsocial mannerism, but I love her anyway! She never complained when we drove for hours (sometimes full days) to a softball tournament in Texas. She was always willing to help me to achieve my dreams. So in short, "Don't talk about my momma or you will have hell to pay!"

Grandma Lisa and baby Ryenn

I do, in fact, have a father. While he may not be present all that often....he is enough to blog about. His name is Francisco. Growing up I always knew him as Frank. He and my mother divorced during the summer of my junior year of high school. He married a younger woman, sort of had a mid-life crisis, and began calling himself "Pancho." (oh well) He was the person who helped me to develop my skills in sports. We would have terrible fights while practicing softball. He desperately wanted me to pitch (like my brothers) so I became a catcher instead. He would shout, I would cry tears of white anger, we would fight. In my child like defiance I would refuse to practice any further. Especially in the batting cages. He would pitch his arm off, and I would stand there refusing to swing. Great memories!!

Grandpa Frank and Ryenn

My older brother, by two years, is also a Francisco (of course he was, and still is, the Pancho I know). He is a stubborn man. We never had the best friendship when we were children, but then again that seems to be the way of things. Now that we are grown up it is getting better. (but by no means perfect) We both have pretty quick tempers, so that gets in the way of our being friendly sometimes. Pancho is very much the jock, and the ladies man. He does have a son, but that situation is a wee bit complicated. (and definitely a story you won't hear from me) He is very sweet and very protective. In short, he is the perfect older brother.
Tio Pancho with Ryenn
My baby brother, Gaspar, is three years younger than me. I lovingly call him "Bubba" (so don't get confused in later blogs, i think it without realizing). He is a sweet, sensitive guy who tends to get his heart broken on a regular basis. He is very sensitive, kind, and a little flirty. It gets him into trouble frequently. He and I have a great relationship. He calls me for my good opinion and impeccable taste. Where my older brother is a bit of a metro-sexual, Gaspar is the polar opposite. I still love him, and would defend him despite his faults (that goes for pancho too). He also has a son. His name is Cyrus, and I love the little critter to death. He is so very handsome for a baby. His blue eyes and precious smile will be melting little ladies hearts in no time.

1) Silly Cyrus 2) Tio Bubba and his new niece Ryenn

I have a wonderful half-sister (but if anyone asks she is my sister). Her name is Amber. The relationship we have is a little complicated, and I don't care to explain. She is the sweetest girl and one of the best mothers ever. She has a beautiful two year old daughter, Lorena, with her husband Luis. I only hope that since we now live very close to each other, that we will develop a better friendship.

1) Tia Amber with a newborn Ryenn 2) Me and my lovely niece Lorena

Of course you already know about my handsome and dear husband John. He is everything a woman could ever want for a husband. He is kind, loving, and considerate (most of the time). He changes diapers, gets up to make bottles in the middle of the night, and usually lets me get my way. (i can be stubborn, and i tend to worry needlessly)

My handsome hubby John

Which brings me to my wonderful daughter Ryenn. It would take days to describe the pure joy I experience having this little urchin in my life. She is the sunlight. Her smiles can warm me on even the worst of days.

Ryenn wearing socks on her hands
So, not as nutty as I first imagined, but I did leave plenty out. We have drama like any normal family (per capita i suppose we may have more), and we are capable of looking past all of this and loving each other anyway. I am sure some of the drama will spill out in the open for everyone to see, but I will try to keep it at a minimum. (we still want to seem decent for the public) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment